Level 2 Certificate in Computing will provide trainees with skills and knowledge to be able to function as an effective Information and Communications Technology user. The qualification has fundamental Information and Communications Technology knowledge and skills base which is povital for all other qualification within the computing. Small to medium enterprises will find the contents of this qualification useful at an IT user level.
- Complete year 10 (general education)
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Or Has achieved certificate 1 in Computing
- Or at least 2 years work experience
Having complete this course the learner will be able to:
- Work and communicate effectively with employees or customers.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- Provide first level (level-1) of technical support for clients.
- Provide support of desktop hardware, applications, desktop connectivity and mobile devices.
- Provide level-1 and level-2 support for a set of applications. May be involved in build processes and maintenance activities.
- Provide technical support for sales information gathering, prototyping, offers, presenting and product demos.
All E.I.T courses are accredited by Vanuatu Qualification Authority and are recognisable throughout the Pacific region. To Successfully complete this course you must complete all units with an average score of 60% or higher in each unit assessed. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Certificate II in Computing.
Having a certified E.I.T document is a great way to celebrate and share your success in Information Communication Technology. Additionally it is:
- Ideal to include in your Curriculum Vitae for job applications
- Provide you with a pathway to further learning opportunities in the Pacific region
Core Generic Units
- GSDC0712 – Develop basic communication skills
- GSWS0212 – Follow workplace safety procedures
- GSPC0312 – Maintain quality and product care
- GSUC0212 – Develop knowledge on basic mathematics using calculators
Core Industrial Units
- ITWE0212 – Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment
- ITIC0712 – Interact with clients
- ITHOH0312 – Use operating system and hardware
- ITPS0111 – Apply problem solving techniques to routine malfunction
- ITCH0311 – Connecting internal hardware
- ITCC0811 – Care for computer hardware
- ITPS0711 – Remote helpdesk support
- ITLDI0612 – Create simple markup language
- ITDA0211 – Identify and resolve network issue
- ITDD0111 – Design basic organisational document using computer package
- ITHND512 – Connecting home basic local wireless
- ITDP0211 – Detect and protect from spam
- ITDP0112 – Incorporate indigenous need and perspective into IT environment
- EERC0711 – Repair basic computer equipment faults by replacement of modules / sub-assemblies
- BFBB0111 – Develop knowledge on basic bookkeeping