This Level 1 Certificate is designed to provide the skills and knowledge for an individual to function at a basic level of IT competency. It will enable a person to undertake basic IT functions using a personal computer and to engage in fundamental online activities and the range of technical skills and knowledge are limited.
- Complete Year 10 (general education)
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Or at least 2 years work experience in a recognized industry
Having complete this course the learner will be able to:
- Work and communicate effectively with employees or customers.
- Provide first level (level-1) support for employees or clients.
- Provide first level (level-1) of technical support for clients.
- Provide technical support for sales information gathering, prototyping, offers, presenting and product demos.
- Do Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information , Results Driven, Energy Level.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements.
All E.I.T courses are accredited by Vanuatu Qualification Authority and are recognisable throughout the Pacific region. To Successfully complete this course you must complete all units with an average score of 60% or higher in each unit assessed. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Certificate I in Computing.
Having a certified E.I.T document is a great way to celebrate and share your success in Information Communication Technology. Additionally it is:
- Ideal to include in your Curriculum Vitae for job applications
- Provide you with a pathway to further learning opportunities in the Pacific region
Core Generic Units
- GSPA0312 – Develop a professional Attitude
- GSWS02512 – Work effectively with others
- GSCT0112 – Participate in a team to achieve designed tasks
- GSPT0612 – Apply basic first aid
Core Industrial Units
- ITWOP0111 – Operate personal computer
- ITWOO211 – Operat word processing application
- ITOP0311 – Operate spreadsheet application
- ITSI0412 – Communicate and search securely on the internet
- ITMTO612 – Use social media tools for collaboration and encryption
- ITSPO512 – Operate application software packages
- ITODO111 – Operate a database application
- ITPO212 – Operate a presentation package
- ITCHO311 – Connect hardware peripherals
- ITMIO111 – Maintain IT equipment and concumables
- ITSAO112 – Install software applications
- ITMSO311 – Maintain IT system integrity
- ITRRO211 – Record client support requirements
- BFMB0112 – Develop knowledge on micro business opportunities in Vanuatu
- BFSP0511 – Develop and use savings plan